Multiple Teeth Replacement Options Baton Rouge, LA
I Need Multiple Teeth Replaced, What Are My Options? At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we can replace your missing teeth in our Baton Rouge, LA dental office. As a general dentist, our goal is to help you maintain excellent oral health so you do not lose your teeth. However, if your teeth are lost due to an accident, infection, or age, then you need to replace them right away in order to limit resorption. Within the first year after tooth loss, your jawbone can lose up to 25 percent of its density in that particular area. This can negatively impact the health of your jaw and remaining teeth, in addition to giving you a sunken and aged appearance. Fortunately, this is something we can help prevent in our dental office.
Schedule a Consultation
The sooner you call (225) 360-3914 and schedule a consultation, the better. We can examine you, take X-rays, and make recommendations regarding which procedure is likely to work the best for your particular situation. Here are a few of the procedures that can be used to replace multiple teeth:
If you are looking for a non-surgical or temporary way to replace your teeth, try dentures. This is one of the oldest solutions for replacing teeth, and many seniors still use them because of the convenience factor. Dentures can replace all or some of your teeth. Partial dentures are secured in place using hooks and wire, whereas a full set is securely placed around your gums.
If you want to replace multiple teeth but are not ready for a surgical procedure, dental bridges can be an excellent solution. At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we can create natural-looking bridges that will blend in with your natural teeth. To complete the procedure, we will need to identify two of your remaining teeth that are strong enough to support your new bridge. We will then prepare these teeth and place dental crowns around them. These crowns will serve as an anchor to hold the dental bridges in place. This is what provides dental bridges with the security of natural teeth and gives you the ability to eat your favorite foods without feeling self-conscious. The challenge is that this procedure does permanently alter some of your healthy teeth. This makes it important to carefully consider the pros and cons of using dental bridges instead of self-reliant dental implants.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Multiple Teeth Replacement Options Baton Rouge
Consider Your Options
Knowing that there are several ways to replace missing teeth, you can select the procedure you feel will best serve your immediate and long-term needs. Our goal is to inform and educate you so you are empowered to make the right decision for your lifestyle. If you are not ready to do so, we can always provide you with a temporary denture to wear while you decide if dentures are right for you. What you should know is that regardless of which option you select, we will ensure that your teeth are replaced with something that looks natural and feels comfortable. At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we want you to have full use of your teeth and to feel confident in the appearance of your smile. This is all possible when you visit our Baton Rouge dental office to replace your missing teeth. To learn more about your options or to start the process, call 225-360-3914 today.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Can dental bridges replace my missing teeth and restore my smile?
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Implant Terminology
- An abutment is a component that attaches to the dental implant so a professional can place a dental crown to provide patients with an artificial, aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional smile.
- Multiple replacement teeth that are fixed in place via attachment to dental implants, natural adjacent teeth, or a combination of the two.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dental Implant
- A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
- Endosteal (endosseous)
- Endosteal is a type of dental implant that a professional places in the alveolar and basal bone of the mandible that transcends only one cortical plate.
- Eposteal (subperiosteal)
- Eposteal is a type of dental implant that conforms to whichever edentulous surface of an alveolar bone is superior.
- Implant-Supported Bridge
- An implant-supported bridge is a dental bridge that professionals fix in place with the use of dental implants inserted in the jaw to create a sturdy set of artificial teeth.
- Osseointegration is the process in which a titanium dental implant fuses with the surrounding bone over several months after an oral health professional places the implant in the jaw.
- Literally “around the tooth”
- Resorption is the process in which the body absorbs the calcium from the jaw since there are no tooth roots to cause the necessary stimulation and proceeds to use the calcium in other areas.
- Transosteal (transosseous)
- Transosteal is a type of dental implant that includes threaded posts which penetrate the superior and inferior cortical bone plates of the jaw.
Back to top of Multiple Teeth Replacement Options
You Can Replace Missing Teeth At Our Office
We offer multiple teeth replacement options, depending on the state of your teeth and the dental issue you're experiencing. We will find the best solution to restore your teeth in functionality and appearance.Multiple Teeth Replacement OptionsAt Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS in Baton Rouge, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule…
Stay Positive And Save Your Smile
We offer several options for replacing missing teeth at our office. We will examine your teeth to determine the most effective replacement for a brighter smile and functional set of teeth that you can easily use.Options For Replacing Missing TeethAt Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS in Baton Rouge, we work to customize your treatment to match…
Does An Emergency Dentist Prescribe Medication If Needed?
An emergency dentist has the ability to do just as much as a traditional dentist can, which includes prescribing medication for injuries. Mediations can help speed along the healing process, and in some cases, it may be necessary in order for healing to take place at all.Want to know if an emergency dentist can provide…
The 4 Most Common Signs Of Tooth Decay
When it comes to tooth decay, there are some very specific signs and symptoms that people should be on the lookout for. If someone is experiencing any of these symptoms, it would be best that they make an appointment with their dentist as soon as possible, in order to maintain a healthy dental routine.As cavities…