Helpful Dental Information Baton Rouge, LA
At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our patients have the tools and resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing, preventative dental care. It also requires education so that you become aware of your dental solutions and what you can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we provide some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our dental office at (225) 360-3914.
Q & A: Common Dental Questions
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety is an issue that more people deal with than some realize. If you are afraid of visiting the dentist or have extreme anxiety and worry when it is time to have dental work done, let us know. There are sedation options that can help you to relax and medication that can keep you comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If you have lost teeth, you are not alone. The majority of adults will lose at least one permanent tooth. We can provide you with a variety of solutions that include dentures, a dental bridge, and more. All three are an effective way to restore your smile and give you the ability to eat and speak clearly. However, there are distinct advantages to each procedure. To find out which one would work best for you, call 225-360-3914.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we are passionate about patient education and will take time to show you how to brush and floss properly when you visit our dental office. We recommend that you brush your teeth two to three times a day using a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your teeth clean and healthy when also combined with daily flossing. You should still visit our Baton Rouge office for a professional teeth cleaning twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments for children and potentially – dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of you and your children developing cavities. At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS, we can create a preventative dental care plan for you and your family.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Baton Rouge
For more helpful dental information, read our website or call (225) 360-3914 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Guerrero. At Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS we will be happy to answer any questions you have about oral health from our Baton Rouge dental office.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
We offer helpful dental information such as the fact that you need to floss before brushing for any real effect. The flossing releases food particles from between teeth that the brush cleans up.Helpful Dental InformationAt Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS in Baton Rouge, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where…
If it is time for a dental checkup or you have not had one in the last six months, give us a call. We won't judge you and truly only care about keeping your teeth healthy. Schedule your dental checkup today.Dental CheckupAt Elizabeth H Guerrero DDS in Baton Rouge, we work to customize your treatment…
It was inventor Benjamin Franklin who wisely stated, “Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.” This quote applies to almost every field and area of interest, including dentistry. People avoid a dental checkup for a variety of reasons and increase the risk of causing more damage to their teeth. Here are seven…
Routine dental flossing eradicates plaque and helps prevent the accumulation of plaque, which results in tartar. The process itself can give your teeth a brighter appearance through the elimination of plaque, debris, and excess food bits that are not visible in the mirror or located in places that your toothbrush cannot reach.Dental flossing is essential…